Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Poor little guy






Wesley has been VERY under the weather today. Nana Spicer caught a nasty virus while she was here that I think made its way over to Wes. He has more snot than we know what to do with and he is very out of sorts. Plus the Dr. found that he has an ear infection as well. Druthers! In addition, as pictured above, Wesley has had this weird rash around his mouth. It looks like it is just chappiness, but it's not. It's smooth to the touch and gets extremely red off and on. We (us and the dr.) are thinking it is an allergy to something he's been eating. What's bizarre is that because he has an aweful respitory cold, he doesn't want to eat real food at all. So this was what his rash looked like today even though the kid didn't touch anything but me. So that leads us to think that could I possibly have eaten something that he is allergic to? Hence, we are scheduling a children's allergy panel which will require the poor buddy getting his blood drawn. I've already signed Brian up for the bonus job of taking Wesley in. I just don't think I can bear watching him go through it.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of 5ths Disease? Not really a disease, just a nasty virus (I think) that is highly, highly contagious at that age. My little guy got it in Mother's Day Out last year and his symptoms were almost identical. Hope that helps and hang in there!

Meg

April Spicer said...

Wow, you sure are right. I did some research and the pictures look very similar to Wes' rash. I'm a little confused as to why our doctor didn't even mention it. I guess we'll just wait it out. Not much you can do anyway. Thank you for the input Meagan!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jonas has that exact thing going on right now. Some days look better than others and it seems to be disappearing a bit now. Our dr. recommended using Eucarine lotion-I don't know if that is what is helping or not...Let me know what you find out!

Katie Magos